Friday, October 1, 2010

Homemade Finger Paint


I love using finger paint with kids because, just like the pudding paint, they can squish it..it feels goopy and fun LOL...and if you don't want to spend the money to buy finger paint, you can find simple, and cheap, recipes online.


The one I use most is:


3 cups water

1 cup cornstarch

food coloring


Boil the water and add to cornstarch in a separate bowl. Stir until clear and smooth. Divide into separate containers and add food coloring. Leftover paint can be stored in air-tight containers also. :)


This paint is simple and easy to clean...the only problem with it that I find is that when the paint dries the paper curls up and the paint starts flaking off. I still use it for rainy days and such when I just need D to be quiet!!


In this pic, I have my two neices finger painting. Note: Don't be silly like me...make sure that the kids are wearing smocks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment