Thursday, September 30, 2010

Edible Playdough


I think playdough is a great creative toy for kids!! They can make balls, snakes, food, people, snowmen...anything!! But...who here hasn't played with playdough with a child and not have them sneak a bite or two?? True...most playdough is non-toxic...but it's salty...and if they eat too much they could get sick. I searched the internet for hours trying to find edible playdough that was peanut-free and easy to make. I found this recipe:


1/3 cup margarine

1/3 cup corn syrup

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla

1 lb powdered sugar


-mix until smooth. add food coloring. play :)


When I made this for D I did not have enough powdered sugar so I added some oatmeal. It was still pretty sticky but he had fun playing with it. He was just under a year old...he ate a bit but was more interested in how it felt and the stickiness. I am a curious kitty and I had to try a little for myself. It was delicious!!


When D was done playing I wrapped it in cling wrap and kept it in the fridge. I threw it out after the second time playing...but not because it went bad...just because it had fingers in it and had been licked and stuff so it was kinda gross LOL.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like he is playing with ground beef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah...maybe I should have used a different color? lol.

    ReplyDelete