Thursday, October 28, 2010

Frankenstein Halloween Bucket


I wanted to make a bucket for D's first trick-or-treating Halloween...originally I wanted to make a pumpkin, but when I sat down to do the craft I realized I was pretty much out of orange tissue paper...but I had plenty of green, so I decided to make a frankenstein!! It was pretty simple...all I did was glue a piece of tissue paper onto an ice cream pail, I drew on a mouth and some scars with a permanent marker, and I made the eyes out of white construction paper by using a foam letter Q to trace for the eyes to make the pupil.
I also cut a hole in the lid to put candy in. In this pic I don't have the lid on because I had covered the lid using a piece of garbage bag, but the glue was still drying. :)
Making a pumpkin bucket would be even easier, just cover the pail with orange construction paper and cut out and eyes, nose, and mouth out of black (or yellow) construction paper and glue on. You could also make a mummy bucket using white crepe streamers, or a witch using green and black tissue paper...just use your imagination!! :)
I tried to have D glue the eyes down, but today he wasn't in the mood to do a craft so I did it for him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment