Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bottle Monster


One of my favorite shows on Treehouse is Mister Maker. He's this guy from the UK who does kid-friendly crafts for a half hour. I get a lot of my ideas from his show, and I have even uploaded some of D's art onto the Mister Maker website (http://www.mistermaker.com/ or www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/mistermaker).


Anyway, Mister Maker showed the kids how to make "bottle monsters" and I thought it would be something fun to try with D.


What you do is take any color paint and add a bit of water to make it a little more runny. Pour it into a plastic bottle (I used a 1L Pepsi bottle), put the lid back on, and shake it up until the paint coats the whole inside of the bottle. Once the inside is coated, unscrew the lid and turn the bottle upside down over a styrofoam cup so that the excess paint dribbles out. I left the bottle upside down overnight.


Cut out face shapes, eyes, mouth, nose, horns, etc. from contruction paper and glue onto the bottle. If you're feeling extra crafty you could glue on other stuff like playdoh or egg carton bumps for a little more oomph! D likes to thrown his bottle monster around, so I just had him glue pieces of paper on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment