Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Shapes Painting :)

For this craft, I searched my house for little plastic toys that were different shapes (circle, triangle, square, star) and gave the kids a pie plate which I had poured green and white paint in it (I found that using an old pie plate is easier than using a paper plate because I just need to wash it out when the kids were done instead of throwing it away and using a new paper plate everytime). The kids took the shapes and dipped them in the paint to make shapes on a piece of construction paper...eventually D stuck his hands in the paint and made a big mess, but he still had fun doing it!! This was pretty easy to do and the kids really enjoyed it so I am going to do this craft pretty often with the kids. It's also a good way to teach children about shapes and colors as well :).

No comments:

Post a Comment